Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Yahoo Avatars!!

The unique advantage about using Yahoo email accounts or applications is that you can create an avatar. Avatars are cartoon figures that an user can create that represents their identity for free! There are many options for avatars that includes different color hair, color eyes, color skin, hairstyles, and clothes. I have created my avatar to be a reflection of me. My avatar is a college student. She is shown with her books in her hand standing in a library because that's where I am or should be a lot during the school year!

I enjoy having the option to change my avatar. I am able to put different outfits on her and show her in different scenery. I think that this is a great opportunity for college students to participate in because it is fun and you can create your own person. College students also like to engage in different technological activities. I have noticed in my class that a lot of my peers did not even know what an avatar was. I think that Yahoo needs to market this feature that they provide. More college students will become interested in creating an avatar if Yahoo:
  • make college students more aware of avatars by advertising ads on facebook and my space
  • include more background scenery that is relevant to the target market
  • provide popular clothing trends for the avatars to wear
  • create phrases for avatars to be able to say
These features can help add more buzz about avatars because people will be excited to show and tell what they have created!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you think having the actual application available to use on Myspace or Facebook would be a successful move?