Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What's In Your News?

There are many different ways that people receive their daily news. New York Times and BBC are two of the many popular sources for receiving news. I prefer to watch my daily local news to receive information about current events and issues that effect my life. I like to watch my local news because it is a habit. I like the easy access of turning on the television versus going onto the Internet and searching for information.

I like to watch my local news however, New York Times and BBC offer more options to viewers. While observing the websites I had more control on what topics I wanted to read immediately versus waiting on the news anchor to talk about it. On New York Times website they have many categories that can relate to different people's interest. There were blogs about different topics. I also like that they had a list of the most popular topics because that helped me realize what topics were recognized the most. BBC had the option for viewers to listen to the news by audio.

Overall I believe that the New York Times and BBC are good sources to receive news. They have the current news topics on their front page. These sources are helpful for viewers who can not wait for their local news or they want to know about current events immediately.

No comments: